Based on Medway City Estate
20 HRS PER WEEK (across 3 days Tuesday to Thursday – with some flexibility for the right candidate)
Rate of Pay £7.50-£8.50 per hour.
Please note: This is largely an office based position, and the office is on the first floor, accessed via one flight of stairs – there is no lift. Toilet and kitchen facilities are on the ground floor.
The successful person will love Medway Foodbank and what it does, as an expression of God’s heart toward those who are in crisis and difficulty.
They will want to represent it positively and promote it, contributing to its excellent reputation in the Medway towns.
They will want to go the extra mile to produce excellence and maximise the impact we make from the resources we have been given.
The successful person will have managed small teams of volunteers and/or employees.
The role requires;
– a proactive and positive person who can act independently and decisively to move things forward,
– someone who enjoys interacting with people with a wide variety of backgrounds, cultures and abilities,
– an individual with a successful track record in an administrative capacity with at least some event organising experience,
– established proficiency and experience in a Windows environment, especially Word, Excel and e-mail, possibly with Publisher (or similar) experience,
– an effective communicator, for written telephone and face to face interactions, informal and formal.
– an organised person who can manage time, prioritise and delegate effectively.
– an individual that can understand, follow and create procedures that improve the effectiveness of the team and the support they provide.
– a trustworthy and responsible person (who will be required to secure the premises regularly)
If you believe that you are suitable for this role and that are interested in applying, please express your interest stating why you want this position. At this stage, we do not want any supporting documents or CVs. To express an interest, you should respond in the first instance to me, on the following e-mail address; email@example.com.
The Closing date for expressions of interest is Saturday 9th April 2016.
Following this date, a short list of applicants will be generated based on their expression of interests. Short-listed candidates will then be invited to supply a current CV / application and to attend a selection interview at the Medway Foodbank Office.