Thank you for visiting!
The All Saints Community Project Trust was set up in 2001 and became a registered charity in 2012 (Register Charity Number: 1170179)
The Community Project (also known as the Magpie Centre) provides a range of services for the local community to help support them through times of crisis, to offer a warm space and friendly faces and offer them some hope that the future will be brighter. Located in Magpie Hall Rd, Chatham we work with other charities, organisations, and community groups to provide a safe place for support, help and advice. Here’s what we offer:
- Advice Appointments – We offer free non-judgemental advice appointments, these are for clients to get guidance on Benefits, Budgeting, Debt, Signposting and form filling.
- Practical Support – We have Medway Foodbank operating from our community centre on a Monday & Friday. Our advisors can issue foodbank vouchers and Medway Foodbank can then put together their food parcel this all takes place in the same building. This is a drop-in service no appointment needed.
- Community Café – Our café is primarily run by volunteers; we offer low-cost food & drink and a warm welcoming place for people to come to. We have different organisations come to the café to offer support and services to our customers these include Medway Recycling Team, NHS Hep C Testing Team and Southern Water.
- Community Groups – We run a number of groups during the week these are: Coffee Morning, Depression & Anxiety, Uniform Swap Shop, Knitters & Stitchers and Have A Go craft group. These are open to all and help to reduce loneliness in the community.
- Computer Suite – We have 6 computers that are available for the public to use free of charge Monday – Friday. This helps people who don’t have access to the internet.
- Other organisations – We have a variety of other organisations that use the centre, including MVA & Riverside. We also have MEGAN CIC, the mental health charity, who have offices in our building and use our community space to host their coffee afternoon.